iOS How to get signal strength on obj-c

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
I didn't watch the video, but i'm just quoting you on your words.
many ppl say tat thing is imposible since apple dont open the API,
It might be possible he did it, but the thing is, Apple has Private API's, and documented API's -> public.
You can use them both, but if you want to go live with your application, it will get bashed hard by Apple and declined in the appstore, if you use the private API. It might be they open it for public later, but till then, you are screwed if you want to upload it to the AppStore.

dejoong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I didn't watch the video, but i'm just quoting you on your words.

It might be possible he did it, but the thing is, Apple has Private API's, and documented API's -> public.
You can use them both, but if you want to go live with your application, it will get bashed hard by Apple and declined in the appstore, if you use the private API. It might be they open it for public later, but till then, you are screwed if you want to upload it to the AppStore.
tx for information bro.
do u have any idea how can i get the information on the private API's?
or must i ask the API's from apple?
since i cant find any on the internet.

Thanks

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Depending on what you want, Apple's Reachability code might be good enough. Google around and see if you can't find it... it's a few classes that will provide your app with the ability to check whether different connection types are available to the device... it might be possible to tweak it to also get signal strength, I'm not sure, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.