how to get Sony video in to iMovie HD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by tchaap, Nov 5, 2007.

1. tchaap macrumors member

PowerBook G4, Sony DCR-SR82, iMovie HD 6

How do I get the video footage off this Sony camcorder and into iMovie. When I try to import it seems to scan the files but i don't see where the footage has imported in to imove for me to use?

Help, this is a borrowed camcorder and I need to get the video off the hard drive.

Thanks,
    TChaap

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

if the camera doesn't have a firewire port, then you need to transfer the files to your PB and convert them to DV using MPEGstreamclip before importing them to iMovie.

3. tchaap thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Boss, it worked great.

i'm not sure I am going to go with a hard drive storing camcorder when I get one. The converstion was a hassle and I've been reading that there is quality loss.

Thanks again,
    TC

4. randy rhoden macrumors newbie

I need your help too.

Hey boss, I read your advice to the person asking help to transfer data from a Sony dcr-sr82 to imovie. It worked for them. can u explain what you said to them in layman's terms. "transfer the files to your PB and convert them to DV using MPEGstreamclip before importing them to iMov" Can you break it down for me step by step. I do not know what PB, MPEGstreamslip, or DV even means, or where they are -sorry! I have the birth of my child on this camera and have tried repeatly to move it imovie. I do not have the software for mac with this camera-if that matters, i dont think its necessary. I have Mac OS X 10.6.2 and iMovie 8.0.5 I'd really appriciate your help. My name is Randy.