How to get started with iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bryjo, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Bryjo macrumors newbie

I got a new iPad 2 for Christmas and to start using it I had to connect it to my wife's PC since I have an older Mac which was running Tiger at the time. The PC didn't have anything downloaded to iTunes; all my music, movies, etc are on my Mac. Now I have updated the OS on my Mac and am running Lion. How can I sync the iPad to the Mac and retrieve my music? Will I lose all the applications I have on the iPad if I do this? Thanks.
    Bryjo

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. normanbates macrumors regular

I had an issue similar to this with my iPhone and it only seemed to be music I lost as everything else, such as apps, aren't iTunes dependent

4. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

As long as you're using the same Apple ID across computers, apps shouldn't be a problem. If there were music, videos, etc involved it might be slightly more complicated but apps are tied to your Apple ID, not your computer.

5. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

As the previous reply said, the apps you have bought/downloaded are tied to your Apple ID.

Even if they get removed from your iPad when syncing to your Mac you will still be able to re-download them from the app store without paying for them again. Kind of a pain, but better then paying for them again :)