How to get stuff transferred and update my new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 212rikanmofo, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I have my iPad 2 and just got the new iPad? I would like to transfer al
    My settings and apps, basically an exact clone of what's currently on my iPad 2 onto the new one and restore the iPad 2 back to the default state so that I can give it to my mom. What would the best way to go about doing this? I don't have my laptop with me, so I won't be able to use iTunes to perform the update to the new iPad. My iPad 2 has just been backed up to iCloud, so should I be able to set up my new iPad and do a restore from iCloud? I won't have access to my computer for awhile and was curious if this is the best way to get my new shiny iPad setup and ready to go so that I can finally use it?

Thanks!

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I am 6 hours into an iCloud restore. I have 21GB worth of apps, and this doesn't include any movies or music. You can restore from iCloud, but if you have any significant apps, prepare to be patient.

Best way is restoring from iTunes. That USB connection apparently trumps the iCloud.

Oh, and if you have any media you didn't buy on iTunes or matched with iTunes Match, you won't get it until you sync with your iTunes client.