iPad How to get t mobile on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by michael31986, Feb 6, 2014.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

I bought my iPad with AT&T but I want to know how do I get it to work on t mobile for the 200mb. Also after I use up the 200mb for the month does it reset next month ? If I go over 200mb do I get charged?

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I believe that iPads can be used on any carrier. So you should be able to go to any carrier. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

All you need is an unactivated T-Mobile SIM card. Once you go over the free 200MB, they turn it off until the next month. It's currently 200MB every month for the life of the device.

4. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Find a TMO starter sim kit. Check the TMO site sometimes they are free. After you get it install the sim. Open Safari , set up an account, select 200 mb plan. They don't even require a CC.

5. djfmf macrumors member

there is a place on the tmobile website you have to apply for the free 200mb plan/ i thought it was automatic, its not, but dont worry the application process is simple.

6. michael31986, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014

michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Can I just go to at tmobile store and get one

Also what sim does the iPad air use?

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

The only thing you have to do is order the T-Mobile SIM. You may be able to get them at the store as well.

What application are you referring to?

----------

The iPad uses a nano SIM. We have and Air and a Mini that are both Verizon that we are using with the free T Mobile data on.

8. djfmf macrumors member

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5623

i had a nexus 7 2013 with 2.5gb of data plan that i purchased online. i actually had to go to this website link to register for the free 200mb, afterwards i recieved a text on my tablet saying i was approved along with an annotation on my account, it wasn't automatic in my situation.

9. daddyd302 macrumors member

daddyd302

I got mine for free at the Apple store the day I bought my mini retina. I explain to them I want it to work on all the carrier and they told me, to be safe I should buy the Verizon version. Well the version that has a Verizon sim card in it.

They gave me a T-Mobile sim card for free so I wouldn't have to go to T-Mobile to ask for one. I do believe from what I've heard T-Mobile will charge you $10 for the nano sim card. I would try Apple first and see if you can get it for free.

10. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Maybe it had something to do with the Nexus.

T Mobile does charge $10 online, but occasionally they put out a discount code to make them free.

11. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

You may want to look into Red Pocket. They use T Mobile's 4G network. They had a promo a while back 99 cents for a nano sim along with 512GB data. After the 512 is used up you can purchase more data month to month. The key difference is they have a 1GB monthly plan for just 10 bucks. If you don't need/use 3GB for $30 (like on T Mobile/AT&T), it might be worth looking into.

I had good luck and good service with them.