How to get text from MBP to visitors iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drayon, May 22, 2010.

1. drayon macrumors 6502

I need to get some text from my computer to a visitors iPhone. The text is a 63 character ASCI key for my WIFI network which they need access to. Many characters in the key are not on the iPhone keyboard thus it is not possible to type it on the iPhone. I have created a Note in Mail.app with the key which I used to sync to my iPhone to get it on the network. Unfortunately, a silly iTunes restriction means it refuses to let me connect another iPhone to sync a note to. I don't want to send my key via any unencrypted transport, this rules out sending a text message. It also means I can't email since the other phone can't access the network. Apple doesn't allow bluetooth file transfer, limits iTunes sync to a single iPhone and the phone can't access a network. I could probably create another user account on my Mac but that's pretty bothersome and then i'd have to remove it hrm

Anyone have any other idea's on how to get some text to this visitors iPhone (going to need to do this with the USB dock cable)?

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Email it

3. drayon thread starter macrumors 6502

Hows that gona work if the visitor phone can't access the 'Encrypted' network? the text is the passphrase to connect to the network LOL, besides email is not encrypted!!

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Umm...what ASCII symbol is not typable on the iPhone keyboard?

5. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

They are still connected to the 3G network (or edge) and can get email that way. You can encrypt email. But it would be easier to just break up the passphrase into multiple emails or send most of it and tell him the first few characters to type.

But the iPhone keyboard should be able to type any character; you just need to know how to access them.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Because clearly a phone can only get online with WiFi. I'm also curious what characters the phone can't type that you need it to.

7. msavwah macrumors 6502

If none of the above, change your key. If you won't change your key, try the above. :rolleyes: