Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rajneesh.deora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Hi All,

WE need to get the information of an external device that is approved by Apple. I am using External Accessary Framework for this.

Actually this device is an GPS Receiver. I just need to know is Apple going to provide any protocol detail for the licensed device or we need to integrate from our side or need to participate in Made for Apple program..

If need to participate in Made for Apple program then how will they help us..

If we need to do from our side then how would we do this..

Have got the list of default list of Devices using EAAccessaryManager like iObject and iSomething.

In EAAccessory Manager class with a External NSString EAAccessaryKey that gives the EAAcessary Object but how we can access this string. also please let me know about notification when device get connected or not..

Please help me on this to figure it out..
Any help will be appreciated..

Thanks,
Raj..

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

All accessories have to be part of the Made For iPod program to work. Is that what you mean by your device is "licenced" by Apple?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.