How to get the most of SSD in OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by appleuser1991, Dec 12, 2010.

1. appleuser1991 macrumors newbie

Hey everybody!

I've searched the forum and I do not seem to find anyone who asks what I want to know.
    That is how I shall soon get my iMac patched with an SSD plus a hard drive on 1tb. I got Obticbay from Maxupgrades'll get rid of the CD / DVD reader against this.

SSD as I should have in the Mac is OCZ Vertex 120 gb. I have heard and read that Mac OS X does not support Trim like Windows does.

I was going to have OS X and the applications on the SSD and then music, pictures, movies, documents and everything like that on the harddrive.

I want to know if all of you who have Mac with SSD or know about settings to get the SSD as much as possible?
    regaurds,
    Appleuser1991

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Move the Home folder from SSD to the HD so downloads and stuff go automatically to the HD

3. appleuser1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

It´s good for a SSD to was on standby or should i turn off the computer when i will not using it for a long time?

4. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

I don't think that matters much. Also, the vertex 2 should clean itself up to some extent as it has built in garabage cleanup

5. appleuser1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

I installed OS X on my SSD. When i moved my files i to the large harddrive i dont get a movie or site folder. And i started the dvdplayer in OS X i get errors. Any idea?