Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ken21

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
anyone knows how?
what if i ask someone who is at&t user to buy a new iphone for me, and a day later he claims that he lost it and get a new one ?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
That won't work he will get the subsidized price on the first one and will be locked into a contract with that one. When he claims he lost it and tries to buy another one he will be charged the full price.

I dont think there's any way around it sorry. you either get into a contract or pay the full price.

AT&T is basically paying apple the difference for you up front there is no way they are going to lose that money they're not a charity lol

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
If that were possible, why would everyone be preparing to preorder and renew their 2 year contract? Some of these questions just kill me...

monksealpup

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
Honolulu, HI, USA
If that were possible, why would everyone be preparing to preorder and renew their 2 year contract? Some of these questions just kill me...

Because, like most people in the U.S., he thought about the problem for 4 or 5 seconds, came up with a solution, and figured he was a genius! No one could possibly come up with a solution like his -- he thought about it for a long time.

Benjic

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2007
Madison, WI
Because, like most people in the U.S., he thought about the problem for 4 or 5 seconds, came up with a solution, and figured he was a genius! No one could possibly come up with a solution like his -- he thought about it for a long time.

How about not making this thread about stupidity in the U.S. You don't even know where OP is from.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
anyone knows how?
what if i ask someone who is at&t user to buy a new iphone for me, and a day later he claims that he lost it and get a new one ?
Just because you lost something doesn't mean you can get it again for free. Which dimension are you from?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
We know that he's from the us because he mentioned AT&T.

OP mentioned that he/she would get someone else who's on AT&T to commit the fraudulent claim.

Not the OP himself/herself.

That said, many of Americans are quite ignorant to certain facts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.