How to get the new vesa mount part only?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by appleluck, Mar 8, 2014.

1. appleluck macrumors member

hi

i bought imac 27 " late 2013, i didn't know vesa is needed to configure when buying

how can i change this to vesa mount?

please advise, is it possible just to get the part, do you have the number of the part?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

According to this support article
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5619
    the VESA model iMacs do not include a stand, and is a separately configured model.
    http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac-vesa?product=Z0QF&step=config
    If you do want the VESA model, then return the iMac that you have, and replace with the VESA-equipped iMac.
    Apple will easily do that within the first 14 days after purchase.

3. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Unfortunately you cannot retrofit your machine. If it is less than 2 weeks old and you bought it directly from Apple then you may return it and then order the CTO model with the VESA mount.

4. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Starting with the late 2012 (laminated screen/slimline) iMacs, the vesa mount is a factory installed item only, that replaces the regular stand, and is a $40 option. You then need to purchase a mounting arm to attach it to.

Sorry, but there's no ready made solution to convert after the fact.

5. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Your only other alternative is this unfortunately:
    [​IMG]

6. appleluck thread starter macrumors member

hi

i want it to be portable compact, with the leg it is too large to fit bag etc

7. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Not sure what you mean by "portable compact, with the leg it is too large to fit bag etc"? It is a desktop we're talking about, that you are planning to permanently mount to a wall-mounted, or desk-mounted arm.

The above suggestion by coldsweat, while not a very elegant solution with the stand still attached and dangling in mid-air, will work however, if you're determined to mount your 2013 iMac to an arm.

8. appleluck thread starter macrumors member

i need the part number please, i want to buy just the vesa mount, i can not and will not send it to apple

my country doesn't have vesa mount for imac late 2013

give me the part number please