How to get the new vesa mount part only?

appleluck

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
hi

i bought imac 27 " late 2013, i didn't know vesa is needed to configure when buying

how can i change this to vesa mount?

please advise, is it possible just to get the part, do you have the number of the part?

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
According to this support article
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5619
VESA mount adapter upgrade kits are not available for iMacs with a stand. When an iMac is ordered with the built-in VESA mount adapter, the stand on the iMac is replaced with a VESA mount adapter and the iMac cannot be used with the standard iMac stand.
the VESA model iMacs do not include a stand, and is a separately configured model.
http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/imac-vesa?product=Z0QF&step=config
If you do want the VESA model, then return the iMac that you have, and replace with the VESA-equipped iMac.
Apple will easily do that within the first 14 days after purchase.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
hi

i bought imac 27 " late 2013, i didn't know vesa is needed to configure when buying

how can i change this to vesa mount?

please advise, is it possible just to get the part, do you have the number of the part?

Unfortunately you cannot retrofit your machine. If it is less than 2 weeks old and you bought it directly from Apple then you may return it and then order the CTO model with the VESA mount.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
hi i bought imac 27 " late 2013, i didn't know vesa is needed to configure when buying how can i change this to vesa mount?

Starting with the late 2012 (laminated screen/slimline) iMacs, the vesa mount is a factory installed item only, that replaces the regular stand, and is a $40 option. You then need to purchase a mounting arm to attach it to.

Sorry, but there's no ready made solution to convert after the fact.

appleluck

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
hi

i want it to be portable compact, with the leg it is too large to fit bag etc

macs4nw

macrumors 601
hi i want it to be portable compact, with the leg it is too large to fit bag etc
Not sure what you mean by "portable compact, with the leg it is too large to fit bag etc"? It is a desktop we're talking about, that you are planning to permanently mount to a wall-mounted, or desk-mounted arm.

The above suggestion by coldsweat, while not a very elegant solution with the stand still attached and dangling in mid-air, will work however, if you're determined to mount your 2013 iMac to an arm.

appleluck

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
i need the part number please, i want to buy just the vesa mount, i can not and will not send it to apple

my country doesn't have vesa mount for imac late 2013

give me the part number please