How to get the photos off iphone the easy way?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w...b, Oct 9, 2008.

1. w...b macrumors regular

So i have like 200 pictures taken with the iphone but how do i delete them? instead of hitting the garbage bin every time.

2. fishmoose macrumors 68000

3. w...b thread starter macrumors regular

yea but that doesnt delete the photos of the phone. im looking to delete them after i have uploaded.

4. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

It should ask you what you want to do with the original files, if it doesn't anymore you can right click the iPhone in iPhoto and select reset warnings. Then reimport them and it'll ask.

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

yep that should work.

6. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I hate the current way of getting photos off the iPhone. It seems totally counter-intuitive to have to open iPhoto, import the photos I'm interested in, then drag them out of iPhoto on to the desktop then remove the event from iPhoto and finally close iPhoto.

I don't mind using iPhoto for my proper digital camera photos, that's where I want them to go after all, but a lot of the time I use my iPhone's camera for random snaps that I maybe want to share with friends etc, but they're not the sort of photos I'd want to store long term in iPhoto.

I wish there was a way of just having the iPhone appear on the desktop and grab the photos that way...

7. alFR macrumors 68020

I think the general intention is that you'd keep them in iPhoto (at least, if you have a Mac). I think that's what most people do, isn't it?

8. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

No one is forcing you to move the pics out of iPhoto. If you want to share them temporarily, I assume you delete them from your desktop after a while? Why not just share them from iPhoto and then delete them from there. You are creating extra work for yourself by moving them to the desktop...iPhoto is not creating extra work for you.

10. DigMe macrumors 6502

Emailing them reduces the resolution. If you pull them straight off they retain full resolution.

It's super easy on a Vista machine - I just go to my computer and click on the iPhone device and the appropriate folder with the photos in that device. Then I copy and paste the photos into whatever folder on my hard drive that I want. I haven't tried deleting them off straight through my computer using that method but I suspect that it would work.

bc

11. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

When you upload the photos to iPhoto, make sure to check the box that says, "Delete Originals From Camera."

(The exact wording may be slightly different.)

12. greggov macrumors member

or on the mac you can use image capture. I dont use iphoto, but every time I plug in my iPhone, Image Capture automatically opens, and it allows you to Download All or Download Some, and then you can choose the images and where you want to download them, bypassing iPhoto. I'm not sure if it can delete off the iPhone, though.

13. The General macrumors 601

Use Image Capture instead, then... :rolleyes:

14. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

The only way I've been able to do it is to put my phone face down on a photocopier.

15. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

Just use Automator to do it for you. The way I have it set up is I just double click on an icon I set and the photos are instantly transfered from my iphone to a folder i created on my desktop.