How to get themed icons to show up?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by braddick, Aug 13, 2012.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I'm running Laguna HD on my 4S and can't get Plants vs Zombies and Camera+ to show up properly themed.

Laguna HD offers these two apps themed as it shows them as such in screenshots of the theme.

I've rebooted my iPhone and even deleted then re-downloaded these two apps only to still have them show up as original icons and not Laguna themed.

I do have iFile installed if need be but am hoping for a simple fix.

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

iFile is easy to use you just have to know your way around it.

Download AppInfo from Cydia and check the bundle ID and the File Icon names for these 2 apps. Now locate the Laguna HD theme using iFile to make sure that the bundle ID and File Icons names are correct. They have to be labelled exactly the same even caps and lower case must match. The theme will be in /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/Laguna HD/Bundles and then I don't know what the bundle names are but use AppInfo for that.

I'm not %100 sure this will fix it but it might. Maybe they theme wasn't updated for your version of iOS so the icons are labelled differently than they should be. If you need any help doing any of that let me know.

3. braddick thread starter macrumors 68040

braddick

Thanks.
    That worked!

I didn't expect it to, being honest- as usually my attempts at correcting something like this ends in a form of tragedy (for me, others simply laugh).