How to get voicemails off iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cmm, Apr 20, 2011.

1. cmm macrumors 6502a

I have visual voicemail with AT&T on my iPhone 3GS iOS 4.2.1 jb'ed...

How do I find where voicemails are saved on my phone, so I can copy them over to my computer and then put them in mp3 format? or is the best I can do is use my MBP's mic and use audacity to record them?

I would prefer the actual file...

Thanks!

I tried this tutorial, but there was no "Voicemail" dir inside .../Library http://lifehacker.com/#!399404/how-to-transfer-iphone-voicemail-to-your-computer

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I had to go look at my old tutorial from years ago to remember how: http://www.hackthatphone.com/1x/iphone_save_voicemail.html

same instructions you found at the other place. This is where my visual voicemails are. If you don't have a folder then you probably haven't configured visual voicemail with your carrier yet and don't have any messages.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Does it work with 4.3.1 or 4.3.2?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm using it now on 4.3.1 not sure about 4.3.2 but I think it probably does.

6. Orion126 macrumors regular

7. cmm thread starter macrumors 6502a

After some debugging, I could ssh, and get the voicemails (along with a bunch of deleted ones).

8. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

This is a neat trick. Never knew this.

However, it's just a bunch of 0123.amr files that have no caller id info.

Also, if you go into the bottom of your VV screen on your iPhone, and then choose the 'deleted messages' option, then on that screen use the 'clear all' option, you will only have the actual 'inbox' .amr files in your ../voicemail folder instead of ones that have been marked as 'deleted'.

Voicemail Forwarder adds in the caller id info as well as time of the call to the subject line of the email it sends with the .amr attached. Very cool. I just wish it had an option to forward multiple voice mails at a time (or an all at once feature) which still kept them as separate emails with all this info....it's kind of a pain when I get 10-15 voicemails in a day to forward each one individually. It'd also be nice to have a 'default' email address for it to use....instead of typing it each time. Two nit picks, but it's still an awesome tweak for not a lot of $.