Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Today for no reason my watch was showing the little red phone with a slash going through it so it lost contact with the iphone on my side at all times. Problem is that I told the iPhone to unpair and it did and it ready to repair with the watch but the watch is just telling the time and not able to get it in the pairing mode.

How do I get the watch to want to pair again?

My Rolex never did this to me!!!

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Yes. Rebooted both. iPhone still is wanting to pair but I can not get the watch to go into pair mode. The watch looks like it is still connected to my iPhone yet the BT no longer shows it in the list of devices.
[doublepost=1464032056][/doublepost]Watch is showing connected. Says "Connected" so it is connected to my office WiFi.

Battery has now lost about 20% in the last hour.
[doublepost=1464033043][/doublepost]OK, Did a watch reset and we are now able to repair with my iPhone.

Do not know why this happened but it is not comforting that it could happen again without a warning.

If it does it again it will be a call to get it replaced via AC+

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I'd do the following (in order):

1) Reset the Network Settings on iPhone (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings) and see if it'll pair.

2) Factory reset the AW and restore from backup.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
The wOS is still a bit buggy (although not as buggy as some versions of iOS we've had in the past). Fortunately, rebooting both devices, unpairing and re-pairing, or factory resetting the AW resolves the vast majority of these bugs.

As for myself, I've had my AW lost contact with iPhone several times and all I've needed to do was re-boot one or both devices.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
For all keeping track of their health, this would have ruined any record as resetting is hard on the stats.

Not necessarily because the AW makes backups to iPhone on a regular basis and it'll make a last second backup when you unpair it. Should it get stuck and you reset it, you'll restore from this last second backup. However, all these times my AW lost contact (which aren't very many), simply re-booting fixed it and I didn't have to resort to resetting it.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Not necessarily because the AW makes backups to iPhone on a regular basis and it'll make a last second backup when you unpair it. Should it get stuck and you reset it, you'll restore from this last second backup. However, all these times my AW lost contact (which aren't very many), simply re-booting fixed it and I didn't have to resort to resetting it.

My watch was not connected to my iPhone for hours and I lost everything for those 3-4 hours after resetting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.