How to get watchOS 3 beta?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MoodyM, Jun 17, 2016.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I already get email invitations form Apple Seed to macOS and iOS 10, and I've installed both.

How do I go about getting invite to watchOS 3?

For what it's worth, when I installed the profile from Apple Seed web site onto my 6S, it also gave me the option to install it onto my Watch, which I did, but software update still says 2.2.1 is latest

2. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Id say it is not available for public testing as if you want to downgrade you have to send the device into Apple. iOS10 and MacOS are only for public beta.

3. VSG macrumors regular

I noticed that about the keynote, they said public beta coming in July for iOS and macOS - will there actually be a public beta for watchOS? That's the one I'm most looking forward to. o_O

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There won't be a public beta for watchOS, at least for wOS 3. The beta wOS 2 wasn't a public beta either.

5. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

To be clear, I'm not running macOS or iOS 10 under a public beta. I was invited to them via Apple Seed. I'm wondering how to get the same invite for watchOS

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

AppleSeed testers are not running the public beta. We are somewhere in-between developers and public beta testers and you rarely hear about us. In general we get the same beta builds at the same time as developers. Also our Feedback Assistant reports go directly to the engineering team (public is aggregated through lower channels) and we can get direct responses just like developers. However we don't get the :apple:Watch beta (at least so far). This is reserved for developers only, probably because you can't downgrade without sending back to Apple. Another difference is we also have a detected Apple forum (AppleSeed Discussions) but it is segregated from the developers forum. OP you should join and be on the AppleSeed Discussion forum too.

7. VSG macrumors regular

Pity. If there was a public beta of watchOS, I would have loved to participate.

8. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

If you want the beta 1 of watchOS3 - you can find it somewhere doing a google search and install without a beta license - too many people do it already. Just know you will need to install iOS10 beta 1 developer as well and it pretty buggy for many things.

9. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

Hero, my. :p