How to get Windows7 64-bit?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by AppleWorking, Mar 10, 2009.

1. AppleWorking macrumors regular

How do you get this and can it run AVG or any other antivirus program? Thanks

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

It runs Avira fine (which I'd recommend over AVG any day of the week). As far as getting Windows 7 now, you're going to have to search elsewhere for that...not to say that it's not available, it's just not "officially" available anymore. But you could still get it.

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Right now the beta is closed, and generally on this forum we tend to stay away from posting information on how to obtain programs illicitly.

... but the internet is a big place filled with lots of useful information.

4. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

If you can wait a month then the release candidate will probably be publicly available.

5. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

A publicly available release candidate is expected in April.

6. The Mook macrumors member

check out icrontic.com its a good news site that has a ton of information on its news page about windows 7

7. AppleWorking thread starter macrumors regular

What is a release candidate? Is that a final version that can be purchased? I would hate to reinstall everything if it will expire... But then again, do you think it would be foolish to purchase Vista home premium right now? I would only be paying $50 for it since I already own win2k fully licensed.

Thanks for the help

8. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

A release candidate (RC) is like a final, feature-complete beta. The final product that you purchase is called Release To Manufacturing (RTM).