How to get your iPhone 4S proxy server for siri

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jjforau, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jjforau macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4S 64G and I've read where I can use my own proxy server on the iPhone 4S so I can use for my iPad 2. I've already installed spire on my iPad 2, but I'm stuck on getting a server. I've googled the subject and from what I've read, I'm good to go if I just knew how to get my proxy server on my iPhone 4S. Any step by step help would be greatly appreciated.

2. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

Look in the video description on how to create your own Spire proxy server. The link is in my sig

3. jjforau thread starter macrumors newbie

I watched the video, but it doesn't give directions on how to get a proxy server on your iPhone 4S.It's just telling you about siri and how all devices can use it, but no instructions. I'm new to this stuff, so I need very basic instructions.

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

5. jjforau thread starter macrumors newbie

6. hackthatphone, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012

hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Complicated and time consuming? Using the other person's method yes. They'll have you installing a vm and linux! The software mentioned in my link is all automated installs performed in the terminal, other than X code and macports.

7. heyyitzmelissa, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012

heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

That's why when I read your post and saw you were stuck at getting the server I said to myself, "No s***, Sherlock. THAT'S the hard part." anyone can download Spire from Cydia; that part requires zero skill. If you want Siri, you're going to have to work for it, or pay.

:)

8. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I'm having trouble. I get stuck at the first step.

macbook:~ dan$ sudo port install dnsmasq
    ---> Computing dependencies for dnsmasqError: Unable to execute port: can't read "build.cmd": Failed to locate 'make' in path: '/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin' or at its MacPorts configuration time location, did you move it?
    To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

Any suggestions?