How to Gift Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supervelous, Aug 30, 2010.

1. supervelous macrumors 6502

Hi,

I used my upgrade on a second line to get my girlfriend an Iphone 4. She is not on my line. I purchased today from the Apple Store, and they did not activate it in the store (gave to me still shrink wrapped in the box, but did obviously scan it out).

How do I go about getting it activated on her line? Can she use the sim it comes with to activate on her line, since I didn't activate on my line yet, or does she need a new sim?

How do I go about removing the Iphone 4 from my line so I don't have to pay the data plan? Anything else I should know??

All help is appreciated!!

Edit: My gf has her own ATT line (was not yet eligible), and currently has a 3GS, which I will take and sell - so she will just be adding the Iphone 4 to replace her 3GS on her existing line.

2. danielroman macrumors member

you need to activate that phone with itunes, and have your gf to get a sim from att. my brother in law let me use his upgrade, we went to the att store by my house and i got a sim.

3. danielroman macrumors member

and it must be activated with the sim it came with first and then have the new sim put in.

4. supervelous thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks a bunch!! Doing just that today

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't know, my girlfriend bought me the 2G as a birthday present (apparently a true sign of love) and gave it to me unopened in the box. You could ask at an apple store on the best way to do it.