How To Go About Repainting My TiBook's Bezel

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Goftrey, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

As 99% of the people on here know the paint on the white bezel on the TiBook's peels... Well so has mine,

I've looked into buying TiPaint, but no one sells it anymore.
    I've looked at getting it professionally sprayed, but the only place I can find that'll do it is ColorWare, and they're in the US.

The paint is also bubbling at various points around the bezel.

I don't know what to do. The rest of the PowerBook looks in decent shape, it's just the nasty paint on the bezel. Any suggestions, or ideas on what they've done to repair theirs would be highly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Imixmuan macrumors 6502

15 dollar

fix on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM3k8zS56dk

Some people think the results were fugly, but I think its pretty nice. It would involve disassembly of your Tibook, but that's always fun too. You learn alot tearing down your machines, I've learned. Had a Tibook a decade ago, loved it to death, sold it and put the money towards a 12 inch Powerbook, which was my first Mac OS X machine.

15 dollars is like 9-10 pounds. But you probably already knew that.

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

4. Goftrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Goftrey

Would some some, but nowhere to be seen, have searched for ages to no avail...

----------

Thanks for the link but I've already watched that video and don't fancy going to all the hassle... :p

5. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

6. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

I repaired my own years ago by mixing and testing my own paint. Took a white base, and added a little bit of gray, with a little silver (there is a tiny shine to it if you look closely enough). My results came out fantastic, just wish I had measured the proportions accurately to reproduce :(