How to go about selling Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rlav, May 13, 2011.

1. rlav, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011

rlav macrumors member

I have a 13" Macbook, from May 2008, the white one with the 2.4 Ghz processor and 2GB RAM with the superdrive. All the parts are original, except for the AppleCare replaced HD in January of this year. The computer itself runs great, just like the day I got it, and does not need to be replaced. There are some hairline cracks, but I would have appleCare fix those before selling it, and my battery is at almost 500 cycles.

However, there is a large part of me that wants to get either an 11" MBA or the base 13" MBP this summer (Decide when updates come out) , with the iPod touch and then sell both the current MB and iPod touch.

My question is how do I go about selling it, or am I better off waiting another year if this computer is suiting my needs at this point. I would get the second computer, but I don't see the need for 2 machines, and don't want to deal with the hassle of keeping them in sync.

This MB is my first Mac, and it has been nothing but a joy to own, but the shiny new unibody computers are really starting to tempt me, and the 11" Air looks amazingly portable.

2. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    We have a 2007 BMB, and a 2008 BMB, both with a 2.2/2.4 Core 2Duo processors, they run like day one, both have 6GB RAM, 320 Gb WD Scorpio Blacks.
    We have recently purchased 2 refurb 1.4/4GB/64GB SSD 11" MBA's, and just installed a 360 GB OWC SSD in each.
    They run rings around the BMB's, which we will recycle to our thrilled Granddaughters
    Go with the 11" MBA, a totally awesome computer, need a bigger screen, hook it up to a 27 ACD, my next purchase

3. rlav thread starter macrumors member

That is good to hear, this generation of MBA is the first one that really stood out as something that appealed to me. I might try and talk to my family, and see if anyone is interested in the MB that I have, that would be easier then trying to sell it. Just do a clean install and pass it off to them.