How to go back?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by v2club, Jul 25, 2011.

1. v2club, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

v2club macrumors regular

With Snow Leopard I could go back swiping the two fingers (and by go back I mean instead of pressing the BACK BUTTON on the windows) from everything: when I open a folder in a folder in a folder... just swipe left and I'm back in the previous one or in the Mac App store, how do I do it now? And also I use to be able to reload the page by circling the 3 fingers, what about now?

2. PatM macrumors newbie

3. gentlefury macrumors 68030

1 finger swipe on magic mouse, 2 fingers on trackpad.

4. v2club thread starter macrumors regular

Actually not, if you're talking about Snow Leopard yes that is the way, but on Lion it won't work that way (it works ONLY on Safari), that is why I'm asking!

5. PatM macrumors newbie

I have Lion and and my Macbook Pro running lion it is two fingers. On the Magic Mouse it is 1. If you go into Preferences/Trackpad it will show you all of the different gestures.

Pat

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Actually that is EXACTLY how it works in Lion. 2 finger swipe on a magic mouse will switch spaces.....3 finger swipe on trackpad will switch spaces.

I don't think there is a gesture for "back" in anything but safari right now...but its only been out less than a week. Patience.

7. v2club thread starter macrumors regular

That is all I needed to know, I know how it works on Safari!

8. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

You can set your gestures in System Preferences to swipe with one or two fingers (or two or three fingers with a trackpad) to keep the nice animation in Safari and navigate everywhere else.

[​IMG]

9. abnospam macrumors regular

abnospam

Yeah, but Finder has Back/Forward button, but no gesture works. That is annoying.

10. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

If you set your gestures to how I said in the post above you it would work in finder; it works fine for me.