Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v2club

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
With Snow Leopard I could go back swiping the two fingers (and by go back I mean instead of pressing the BACK BUTTON on the windows) from everything: when I open a folder in a folder in a folder... just swipe left and I'm back in the previous one or in the Mac App store, how do I do it now? And also I use to be able to reload the page by circling the 3 fingers, what about now?

Last edited:

v2club

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2011
1 finger swipe on magic mouse, 2 fingers on trackpad.

Actually not, if you're talking about Snow Leopard yes that is the way, but on Lion it won't work that way (it works ONLY on Safari), that is why I'm asking!

PatM

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
I have Lion and and my Macbook Pro running lion it is two fingers. On the Magic Mouse it is 1. If you go into Preferences/Trackpad it will show you all of the different gestures.

Pat

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Actually not, if you're talking about Snow Leopard yes that is the way, but on Lion it won't work that way (it works ONLY on Safari), that is why I'm asking!

Actually that is EXACTLY how it works in Lion. 2 finger swipe on a magic mouse will switch spaces.....3 finger swipe on trackpad will switch spaces.

I don't think there is a gesture for "back" in anything but safari right now...but its only been out less than a week. Patience.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
You can set your gestures in System Preferences to swipe with one or two fingers (or two or three fingers with a trackpad) to keep the nice animation in Safari and navigate everywhere else.

ad1nC.png

abnospam

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
Yeah, but Finder has Back/Forward button, but no gesture works. That is annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.