Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ng0757

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2021
DropDMG need Granting Automation Access , in Monterey everything is ok, but in the bigsur, Nothing is displayed in the Privacy ‣ Automation,I can't use this software, what should I do to?
-------------------------------------------
To Grant Automation Access on macOS 10.14 Through macOS 12

1. Go to System Settings ‣ Security & Privacy ‣ Privacy ‣ Automation. (You can also click here to go directly to Automation.)

2. Checking the box(es) under DropDMG.
Troubleshooting Automation Access

It may help just to restart your Mac.

You can enter this command in Terminal:

tccutil reset AppleEvents ### It didn't work at all

to reset the system’s database of Automation privileges. Then macOS will ask you again the next time DropDMG needs access, and you can click OK. If it still doesn’t ask you to grant access, it may help to restart your Mac again or use the maintenance feature of Onyx.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
With SIP disabled, you can grant the permission from Terminal:
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceAppleEvents', 'com.c-command.DropDMG', 0, 2, 3, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'com.apple.finder', '??', NULL,1571402310);"

Close System Preferences before running the command and check after.
To delete the added permission from Terminal
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "delete from access where client like 'com.c-command.DropDMG';"

or
Code:
tccutil reset All com.c-command.DropDMG

ng0757

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2021
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceAppleEvents', 'com.c-command.DropDMG', 0, 2, 3, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'com.apple.finder', '??', NULL,1571402310);"
this works,thank you very much.
I think this is a bigsur's bug,I even reinstalled bigsur for this test.

ng0757

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2021
Code:
I have encountered another software with the same problem: exporter,http://falcon.star-lord.me/exporter/

Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceAppleEvents', 'com.chintanghate.Notes-Exporter', 0, 2, 3, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'com.apple.finder', '??', NULL,1571402310);"

I'm not sure if this is correct, do the following numbers need to be changed?
Could you please help me confirm the correct command line?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
It looks correct, it should work.

The last number is a date in Unix time. I don’t know what the others represent, I copied them from an application that had the correct permission (EasyFind).
To read the Automation records from the TCC database:

Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "select * from access where service='kTCCServiceAppleEvents';"

ng0757

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2021
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "select * from access where service='kTCCServiceAppleEvents';"
It shows:
kTCCServiceAppleEvents|com.c-command.DropDMG|0|2|3|1|
kTCCServiceAppleEvents|org.tempel.findanyfile|0|2|4|1|
don't know the difference between |0|2|3|1| and |0|2|4|1|...

Successfully added options to System Settings ‣ Security & Privacy ‣ Privacy ‣ Automation as dropdmg.
But exporter still displays: 0 notes found!, I have reinstalled it again.
Can you download from the Apple Store and test it?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
If Exporter needs to control Apple Notes, replace com.apple.finder in the command with the appropriate string for Apple Notes.
I'm not able to test at the moment on a Mac.

ng0757

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2021
If Exporter needs to control Apple Notes, replace com.apple.finder in the command with the appropriate string for Apple Notes.
I'm not able to test at the moment on a Mac.
thankyou,I got it.It works~~~
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceAppleEvents', 'com.chintanghate.Notes-Exporter', 0, 2, 3, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'com.apple.Notes', '??', NULL,1571402310);"

ng0757

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2021
I solved all the problems except for this filmagescreen according to the method you taught me.
it needs camera/microphone/screen-recording permission to record screen,
so I do it the same way from Terminal:
Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceCamera', 'com.filmage.screen.mac', 0, 2, 3, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'UNUSED', '??', 0,1571402310);"
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceMicrophone', 'com.filmage.screen.mac', 0, 2, 3, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'UNUSED', '??', 0,1571402310);"
Successfully added options to System Settings ‣ Security & Privacy ‣ Privacy camera/microphone ,
but this software still keeps asking for permission of camera/microphone/screen-recording,
Please help me solve this problem.

Last edited:

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
I don’t have Big Sur to test at the moment, but try to delete the records for filmage with

Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "delete from access where client like 'com.filmage.screen.mac';"
sudo sqlite3 /Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "delete from access where client like 'com.filmage.screen.mac';"

then write

Code:
sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceCamera', 'com.filmage.screen.mac', 0, 2, 2, 1, '??', NULL, NULL, 'UNUSED', NULL, 0,1697521478);"

sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceMicrophone', 'com.filmage.screen.mac', 0, 2, 2, 1, '??', NULL, NULL, 'UNUSED', NULL, 0,1697521478);"

sudo sqlite3 /Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "insert into access values ('kTCCServiceScreenCapture', 'com.filmage.screen.mac', 0, 2, 4, 1, '??', NULL, 0, 'UNUSED', NULL, 0,1697521503);"

and reboot

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
1. Without adding them from Terminal, what happens when you click OK on those dialogs? The permissions are not added?

2. After adding them from Terminal, with the app closed, disable and re-enable the permissions from System Preferences.

3. Can’t you upgrade to Monterey? Big Sur is no longer supported by Apple.

Reactions: ng0757

ng0757

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2021
1. Without adding them from Terminal, what happens when you click OK on those dialogs? The permissions are not added?

2. After adding them from Terminal, with the app closed, disable and re-enable the permissions from System Preferences.

3. Can’t you upgrade to Monterey? Big Sur is no longer supported by Apple.

1.The settings of camera/microphone/screenrecording window will pop up,but nothing added.
3.old mbp can upgrade to monterey/venrura/sonoma with oclp, but it will has a serious issue with Asian text support.This issue has not been corrected for over two years.
2.yes,it works.!!!!!!!!!!! Why need to do this? After all, I have restarted.
Thank you very much!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.