How to group mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mobilemario, Jan 3, 2010.

1. mobilemario macrumors member

Is there a way to group mail for example by "subject" or "from"
    like here
    [​IMG]
    Trying to switch from windows, I miss the bat, that was my defaul mail client.:(

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes...you usually click on the column header tab and it will sort. Depends on what Mail client you are using.

3. mobilemario thread starter macrumors member

It's the apple mail app I'm using. I don't want to sort it but group mail for example group messages from steve.:)

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Oh. Like the "conversations" thing in GMail? Mail doesn't do that.

5. mobilemario thread starter macrumors member

2 years ago when I was thinking of switching to mac world, lack of a good mail app was one of the reasons it didn't happen.It looks like nothing has changed. :(

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Try Thunderbird or PostBox, I think they have group by threading.

7. Rivergull macrumors newbie

Rivergull

odd SEARCH folders in my Apple Mail

(Note: I'm a newbie and did not see how to post a new item. Sorry to have to post this as a reply, but it does have to do with email groupings in a way.)

Mac OutFitters transferred Outlook Express to my newly purchased iMac Desktop last month.

All is fine, except.... there are these folders (about 12 of them) that I did not create, called
    SEARCH FOLDER (1).mbx
    SEARCH FOLDER (2).mbx
    etc.

When I click on one of them, it opens to what looks like incoming emails (or whatever) but without a 'Subject'..... only 'Date Received' 'Time' and 'Size'.

When I click on one of the 'email' items, it opens as if I'm looking at a regular email, but all it says inside is 'the date received' 'the time' and the 'size'.

I'm tempted to delete all 12 of these folders, but not sure if they represent something from my old PC. Should I delete them?