- Apr 12, 2001
Facebook unveiled Messenger Rooms as an alternative to Zoom and Group FaceTime last month, releasing it to a small trial group of users. Facebook said part of its plan was to extend the capability to its WhatsApp and Instagram platforms, and the latter app appears to have gotten the integration first.
The following steps walk you through the process of setting up a Messenger Room. Bear in mind that you'll need Facebook Messenger installed on your device as well, as Instagram hands over the actual videoconferencing to Facebook's messaging app.
- Launch Instagram and tap the paper airplane icon in the top-right corner to go to the Direct screen.
- Tap the Camera icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap Create a Room.
- In the card that appears, tap Create Room as [your name] .
- Tap the checkboxes next to the people you want to invite to your room, then tap Send.
- In the card that appears, either tap Join Room to start the conversation, or tap Send Link to share a link to the room with others so they can join.
- When you tap Join Room, tap OK in the prompt to leave Instagram and launch the group video chat in Facebook Messenger.
- Wait for others to join your room.
Article Link: How to Group Video Chat With Up to 50 Instagram Users