How to have 2 windows partitions on second Harddrive

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Paus, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Paus macrumors newbie

Hi!

I have a question of the utmost importance!

So i've recently got a mac pro 2009 and installed a second hard drive bay in it of 1 terrabyte.

So I installed Windows 7 64 bit on it. I only install windows on it so I can use this program thats only available for Windows. And games.

But after I installed it, I notice the program does not work. I go to the site of this program and they note that it isnt that great with 64-bit.

So I reckon I need a 32 bit windows. I only have windows XP 32 bit on CD so I thought ill use that.

Now here comes the problem.

I cannot install Windows XP while keeping Windows 7. When I go to the bootcamp manager it does not give the option for a second partition, which I did create after I noticed I need 2 Windows OS's.

So it does not work via Bootcamp to install 2 OS's on a secondary Hard Drive bay. Is there another way?

Thank you for reading!

2. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

Just google for "Windows Dual-Boot". There are hundreds of how-tos floating around the internet. IIRC, you won't be able to boot directly to the second partition. Instead, you will need to boot to the primary partition and then select which Windows you want to boot to via Microsoft's bootloader.