How to have audio with new macbook to TV?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hiko, Jan 20, 2010.

1. hiko macrumors newbie

Hi, I just got the new macbook, and tried to connect it with my Toshiba 720p TV. The stuff I had bought from Apple Store are 1. Mini displayport to DVI adapter 2. Belkin HDMI to DVI cable 3. Belkin Stereo Cable http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=422926#

I plugged those in, and the video works well, but there is no AUDIO at all (I plugged in the audio white/red, pls see the second pic). Please see the attached pictures, and give me some indication to plug the stereo cable to the right place~~(as I tried them all already, NOT WORK)

Thank you all.

Attached Files:

2. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

If your plugging the video into the VGA in port, you have to use a different cable and plug the sound into the port that says PC Sound In (and looks like a minijack port, just like on your MacBook).

Plugging the Red/White cables into the sound ports of a different video input will not work.

3. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

So by the sound of it, your MacBook is hooked up via HMDI. You're going to need to plug the HDMI cable into "HDMI 1" on your TV.

Then, you will need a regular 3.5mm audio cable and plug that in to where it says "PC/HDMI 1 (Audio)." The other end will go into your MacBook obviously.

If you still get no sound, you may have to fiddle with the settings on your TV to assign the Audio In jack to the HDMI port.

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

See this thread. :)

By the way, it's spelled "Mac", as in "MacBook" — Mac does not have a "k" in it!

5. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

6. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

The HDMI ports are probably just not pictured. His TV clearly says that it has HDMI (above the 3.5mm jack)

7. Sace macrumors member

I use my MBP with my Toshiba A3000p TV.

Looks like yours only support PC sound input from the little jack connector. On my TV, i can also use the "HD1 IN" ports for audio - But that may be different.

Btw, on the TV you have to choose "menu" and find a menu called "AV Connection" or something like that (mine is on danish :p). There you will be able to choose the audio input source for HDMI1.

8. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Didn't notice that before. Obviously I don't know what the **** I'm talking about. I don't know why the **** I even try.

9. nelsonlowe macrumors newbie

10. hiko thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha,sorry,typo~~

11. hiko thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much,guys~ I will go buy a Audio Jack Connection Cable today and see if it works!

12. moral-hazard macrumors regular

13. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop