How to have my imac serviced?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by reluttr, Feb 16, 2012.

1. reluttr macrumors member

I live in a particularly dusty house and in the past dust buildup has been a problem. However with the imac you are unable to easily take the machine apart and clean it properly.

Normally I would just take it to a local service center and have it cleaned professionally "that way if someone does get broke then applecare should cover it".

However... I do not appear to have a certified technician or apple store in my area. At least not one within reasonable driving distance "the closest one is easily a good 5-6 hours drive".

Does anyone else have experience with this type of thing? What is generally the best way to handle this?

2. Bear macrumors G3

Have you noticed the iMac running hotter? Smelling more (than usual) of burnt dust?

If not I wouldn't worry about it too much. The iMac doesn't seem to collect dust as easily as some computers do.

3. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Our iMac died because of dust once. The horrible repair service wouldn't declare the money to Apple (Apple said they could) because they didn't "fix" anything.

You could try canned air, or a compressed air.