how to have same person twice in frame final cut pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dreamobscene, Nov 6, 2008.

1. dreamobscene macrumors newbie

hey i want to do a story in which the same girl appears twice in frame. she actually returns to her own body (like a ghost). I just dont want any of them to be fainted. how do i do this in final cut pro?? thanks so much for help!!!

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Well you can put the one with the girl as a ghost on the top, and then make the opacity lower, but that's probably faint isn't it (i'm dutch so I don't know).
    What you also can use is cropping, in the motion tab. I used it to make this: http://nl.youtube.com/user/arjen92 wait untill the "soldiers" come. cause It's all me.

You also could try to use a green or blue screen and key. On youtoube are many tutorials on this.

3. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

The traditional way to do this, as long as each "copy" of the talent keeps to herself, is to lock down the camera, shoot each take -- say, one girl stays on the left half of the screen, the other girl stays on the right half) and then set up a vertical wipe transition that's locked at the half-way point so the wipe point is right down the middle.

Edit: Cropping works too.

You wouldn't be able to have the talent interact with herself, though (e.g. coming out of the same body). You could accomplish this with some creative editing that starts off that whole process though. Say the talent is sitting in a chair and then the clone rises up out of the chair while the original is still sitting down. You'd shoot both takes starting with her sitting in the chair, then she gets up and moves to the other half of the screen. Use a long dissolve to get the effect started and then switch to the wipe/crop to keep both copies on the screen.

Or you could use a body double and creative cuts to establish the "split" and go from there.

I think that makes sense... :)