How to hide battery percent 8.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lyceumHQ, Mar 21, 2015.

1. lyceumHQ, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015

lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

can anyone tell me how to do this?

I have an iPod touch 5th gen on 8.2 and in the status bar there's the battery icon and next to it the battery percent. I don't need both.

But unlike on the iPhone I can't see anywhere in the settings to disable the battery percentage?

How do I get rid of it?

Edit. This should be in the iPod touch section. Sorry.

2. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

3. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Has it been jailbroken in the past by chance?

By default, the iPod touch doesn't have the setting even though it can use it. I remember on my 4th gen there was a tweak in cydia to let you enable/disable it. But if you restored the iPod while it was enabled, sometimes it would stick.

There was also a way to turn it on without being jailbroken by modifying a plist file somewhere.

In fact, I found a little snippet on the Apple Support forum about it:

Not sure if it works on iOS 8 still, but it might be worth a shot. Should just be able to change it to false.

4. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

It was jail broken. It's second hand so entirely possible the previous owner added the tweak.

I do jailbreak both my phone and iPad but never saw the need with the iPod since its used just for music and is perfectly functional as is so I don't need the extra functionality a jailbreak brings. So I just update it whenever there is an update available.

I restored it from a backup of an iPod 4th gen I had a few years back so will restore and set up as new see if that gets rid of it. It's entirely possible I used the above tweak to show battery percentage on the old iPod and it's translated over.