How to hide icon shadows when folder is open

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 3bs, Aug 11, 2012.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

So I'm using Springtomize 2 to get 5 rows of icons on my springboard and one problem with that is that when a folder is open the icons from the row above overlap with the inside of the folder. Is there a way to hide all the icon shadows when a folder is open? Here's a screenshot.

IMG_8922.png

2. kokhean macrumors regular

Your theme has a folder background which is translucent. Either use Photoshop to change the opacity or use another image as the folder background.

3. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

What's the name of the file and where is it located? I want to try renaming it to see what happens.

4. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

In the Springtomize settings under Folders, does switching "Hide Background" to on work? My folders have opaque backgrounds so I can't test that setting.

5. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

No that just does this

IMG_5783.png

IMG_8512.png

6. kokhean macrumors regular

7. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Even when I turn off all themes in winterboard it still happens. It must be because of the 5 rows I have using Springtomize 2.

8. kokhean macrumors regular

I also happen to have five rows too using Springtomize 2. Also, if you've disabled all the themes, how is it possible that the folder background is still translucent? What other tweaks do you have installed? One of them could be causing the problem.

Here are my phone's screenshots.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Ok that's good, at least now I know for sure it's not Springtomize 2 :p

I used Springtomize to disable WinterBoard just in case and it still happens.

Only other tweaks installed that is related to theming is fswipecache.

Installed apps/tweaks:
    Activator, AppInfo, Barrel, biteSMS, BlurriedNCBackground, BrowseInApp, BytaFont, CloseEnhancer, Color Keyboard, FastClear, Forecast, fsWipeCache, GridTab for Safari, iFile, IntelliScreenx, Ipsum, iThemeSky, iWidgets, MultiIconMover, MusicBanners, NCSettings, NoDictation, NoStoreButton, OpenNotifier, PasswordPilot, PreviewMaker, PushTone, SpotDict, Springtomize 2, StatusTweak, SwipeSelection, Torch, VLC, WeatherIcon, WinterBoard, Zephyr, Zeppelin, a bunch of themes and NC widgets.

10. kokhean macrumors regular

Funny, I don't see anything conflicting here... What's the theme name? I'll try installing it.

And possibly a screenshot of your SpringBoard with WinterBoard disabled.

11. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I'm using several themes but since I unselected all themes and even disabled WinterBoard from running in Mobile Substrate using Springtomize 2, I don't see how a theme would do this. I don't think I've ever messed around with the stock folder background but could you please upload the one you have and tell me where to put it.

Themes I'm running that aren't modified are ayecon and Flite. I'm using bits and parts of z|ui also.

Edit: I just disabled WinterBoard before unselecting all themes and somehow the icons were still themed but everything else wasn't.

[​IMG]

12. kokhean macrumors regular

That happened with me once when I uninstalled a theme. The folder background was still there and I had to install the theme again, enable and disable the theme to get the stock one back. I'm currently installing the theme from an unofficial source, since I don't purchase WinterBoard themes anyway. I'll be back with results.

13. kokhean macrumors regular

It works perfectly fine on my phone... Please enable and disable the themes that were enabled and see if that works.

14. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I already did that for all my themes. Any chance you can upload the stock image file and tell me where to place it?

15. kokhean macrumors regular

Downloading original files...

16. kokhean macrumors regular

Bummer... I can't find the stock one after extracting the Shared@2x.artwork ._.

17. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

That's alright thanks for trying. It's not a big deal. Obviously I don't like the way it looks but folders are open for brief moments that it doesn't bother me all that much.

I plan on doing a restore and start fresh this week so I'll try and keep an eye out on what I install and if it does this again.

18. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Hey 3bs, FYI you can remove FastClear because springtomize already has that feature built in. Just go to Notification Center>Instant Clear.

19. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I know but it's buggy last time I tried it. Try FastClear and you'll see that it actually works better. I can't remember exactly what was wrong with the one using Springtomize 2 but it definitely had something wrong with it.

20. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Oh ok. Just making sure you're aware of it. I didn't know it was buggy. I actually don't use that feature because I use LockInfo and its InfoShade.

21. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I keep trying to force myself to use LockInfo but I keep going back to IntelliScreenX. One thing I really hate is that Notifications are grouped and that my widget WeeSearchPro crashes when I try to use it with LI on the lock screen. And the top shelf feature of ISX alone is a great feature!