How to hide statusbar and info on it.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by newskin, Dec 31, 2011.

1. newskin macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

There used to be a tweak, sbsimplify, that was able to completely hide the statusbar. Not just the graphic but all the info and icons on it would slide up and dissapear from springboard. Anyone know of a compatible tweak for ios 5?

2. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

:confused:A quick Cydia search turned up an app called 'no status'

Installed it, works fine on iOS 5. I don't like it, looks too droid like.:p

Enjoy!

3. newskin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thx srf. Definitely what I was looking for, just wish there was a way to turn it off and on, had more options. With sbsimplify, I could only have the tweak active on the springboard. Not spring and lock screen. Thx again though, i'll probably send message to pathkiller.

4. q64ceo macrumors regular

No Status + OS X Lion Ultimate dreamboard theme = pure awesomeness.

Really.

5. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Right. The no off/on thing was deal breaker for me. There are times when I actually want to know my signal strength and battery level straight from the springboard or at least lockscreen, but not always. Ah, well.. hopefully the developer of sbsimplify is working on a fix, a lot of the devs have stepped up and updated their stuff to work on 5. Most free of charge.:)

6. newskin thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, been waiting since 3.x for sbsimplify to be updated. I'll try to find devs twitter and see if either of them are looking to update in the near future. Thx again for the replies, very helpful.
    I'm gonna have to check that theme out, thanks again.