iPhone How to hide the camera grabber but not lose the function on lock screen?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoLife, Jan 29, 2014.

1. LoLife macrumors regular

Title says it all. I've tried customels and hideme7 both remove the camera grabber but I can't access the camera from the lock screen. If this isn't possible?
    is there a way to put it in the cc or nc?
    Another thought was maybe deleting the camera grabber through ifile but not losing the function? I'm consider myself decent with ifile so with a little instruction I could probably figure it out.
    Anyway thanks for the help guys appreciate it. Glad to have my jailbreak on iOS thanks for any devs for the work you do. All is appreciate

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

You can set up an activator action if nothing else works.

3. tateu macrumors 6502

If you already have Flex 2, it can do it. It's a 3$ or $4 tweak, so probably not worth it just for this. You might also be able to just replace the png file with a transparent png using iFile (that's what I did to get rid of the slide to unlock triangle).

4. phillyi macrumors member

Springtomize 3 can remove the camera grabber from the lockscreen.

5. LoLife thread starter macrumors regular

Got a quick tutorial for me? Like I said I'm good with ifile with a little help but on my own pretty lost

6. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

7. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Springtomize "removes" it making it not work. OP is looking for a way to "hide" and still be able to swipe up to use.

I've tried cloaky, springtomize and a custom lockscreen and they all hid them but made them inoperable.

You can use ifile but will need to replace image with a transparent one. If we can still do that in iOS 7...

8. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I think the poster above me is correct. LockHTML3 should do the trick.

I'm pretty sure Flex 2 can accomplish this too.

9. tateu, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014

tateu macrumors 6502

In iFile, browse to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app. Look for camera-lockscreen png files. On my 5s, I have camera-lockscreen@2x.png. You can just rename that file and respring but I prefer to rename the original file and also upload a transparent png file with the original name. I don't know if that last step is really necessary, though.

I know it can. I am using it to remove the camera grabber, NC and CC grabbers, slide to unlock text and chevron, make the status bar the same size as the home screen, add the time to the statusbar and turn off the lockscreen wall paper blur.

10. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

My bad. I didn't even see your post. I apologize. I'm normally good about reading peoples posts before jumping in. I'm a huge flex fan. Really enjoying having it on iOS 7.

As an aside, can you share with me how you hid the NC and CC grabbers on the lock screen? Been trying to figure these out since day 1! Haha and I refuse to download a tweak to hide them. I guess in my mind if I know flex can accomplish what I want, then I refuse to download an extra tweak unnecessarily. Thanks in advance!

11. tateu macrumors 6502

No apologies necessary. I don't always see everything that everyone has posted in a thread either.

Springboard patch -> Springboard executable

Hide camera grabber
    -(id) _cameraGrabberImage -> return value NULL

Hide NC grabber
    setTopGrabberHidden -> arg #1 (bool) TRUE

Hide CC grabber
    setBottomGrabberHidden -> arg #1 (bool) TRUE

12. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

You sir, are the man! Thank you!

13. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

interesting small read if you have time: http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/1aprlt/question_which_is_better_for_usage_and_loading/

long story short: cydiasubstrate is supposedly a tad bit more efficient than flex. still pretty cool you can kind of make your own tweaks

i still haven't been sold on the functionality of flex 2 so haven't purchased or played around with it (had flex 2 beta installed but hardly touched it, if any :p)

14. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

I think of Flex as a lightweight Cydia, definitely not an alternative, Cydia can do all the heavy lifting while Flex can do minor system/apps related tweaks with little to no hassle especially in terms of installing/uninstalling. Flex is a very clever idea though and i expect it to catch more exposure.