How to hide unwanted apps in itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vonfirmath, Oct 14, 2010.

1. vonfirmath macrumors newbie

I got my new ipod Touch 4g and, of course, the first thing I did was start purchasing and downloading apps.

However... some of these apps have not turned out to work for me. I can uncheck them in itunes so they do not show up on the ipod. But is there some way to either delete or hide them in itunes so that I am only looking at applications I am interested in when working with looking for new ones?

(This will also become necessary when I "upgrade" an app. Say Rush Hour Free to the paid version)

2. Abscissa macrumors regular

right click on the app and click delete? i figured that'd be at the top of the list you'd try lol.

3. vonfirmath thread starter macrumors newbie

Ugh. Why didn't I think of that? Sorry. I was hitting the delete key and looking all over and didn't even look to see if there were right click options -- maybe because I think of itunes as a webpage and not a stand alone program?

Sorry!

4. Abscissa macrumors regular

Haha its okay! I thought to myself "Man, I know there's a way" *right clicks > delete* The only part that is more of a webpage is the Store, everything else is yours.

All good though. :)

5. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

you don't even need to right click. just select the app and delete. :confused:

6. Abscissa macrumors regular

? When I click the app, it just highlights it. Right clicking yields a delete option

7. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

I do that sometimes... how to do it when it's really so easy.

Glad you figured it out!

8. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

are you using windows or osx? i just left click to select and hit the delete button.