Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warren8r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
Phoenix
So I have many ceiling fans throughout my home that are not connected to a conventional switch - they came with a remote that acts as the switch, in each case. If I want to HomeKit these fans, am I SOL?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Matt

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
So I have many ceiling fans throughout my home that are not connected to a conventional switch - they came with a remote that acts as the switch, in each case. If I want to HomeKit these fans, am I SOL?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Matt

Insteon 2475F FanLinc Insteon Dual-Band Ceiling Fan and Light Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00715SU4A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_XsMpAbVKNPCZ9

My fans have switches so I just used HomeKit switches. However the above was suggested to me combined with their hub.

However don’t just order that without further research. Since I didn’t use it I don’t know if that is specifically the right part or anything about the Insteon system in general nor it’s integration with HomeKit. At a glance using those fan controllers + one of their hub should work though I assume.

Reactions: warren8r

warren8r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
Phoenix
Insteon 2475F FanLinc Insteon Dual-Band Ceiling Fan and Light Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00715SU4A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_XsMpAbVKNPCZ9

My fans have switches so I just used HomeKit switches. However the above was suggested to me combined with their hub.

However don’t just order that without further research. Since I didn’t use it I don’t know if that is specifically the right part or anything about the Insteon system in general nor it’s integration with HomeKit. At a glance using those fan controllers + one of their hub should work though I assume.
Thank you so much for taking the time, Cynics. This sounds like the most optimal solution. I wish Lutron had a Caseta product that did this - but this will work fine, I think.
Thank you very much again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.