Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firemedicmark

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
I want my ipad 3 (jailbroken) to show up on my tv. I have the cable but it will only show me movies, etc. How do I make my ipad mirror everything on my tv?

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
The apple cable only shows movies ? Is suppose to mirror the iPad

Another way is to get an apple tv

TheKricket

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
I want my ipad 3 (jailbroken) to show up on my tv. I have the cable but it will only show me movies, etc. How do I make my ipad mirror everything on my tv?

Have you checked Cydia for an option? I'm thinking there MUST be some sort of app that allows mirroring of absolutely everything on your iPad - given that you already have the cable (although I'm not sure that would allow for full widescreen viewing).

I've never JB'ed an iPad - so I don't know for sure - but it would seem like something that could be found in Cydia...

iTunen

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2012

DisplayOut available on cydia worked perfectly for me on JB iPad2 & iPhone 3GS. Make sure the cables are set to either SD or HD as appropriate to your setup. My cables are from Scosche.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
The apple cable only shows movies ? Is suppose to mirror the iPad

Another way is to get an apple tv

Apple TV is much inferior to HDMI/VGA-based wired mirroring and non-MOV / mp4 / m4v playback. (NB VGA doesn't play DR'ed iTunes videos.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.