How to i put a border around my video in FCE

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CurtisEnergizer, Feb 6, 2010.

1. CurtisEnergizer macrumors member

Hey there.
    I am working on a short film for youtube.
    And im wanting to find out how to put this slightly blurred border around the video
    [​IMG]

I am editing this video in FCE.
    Also i know how to do color correcting in FCE but is there any other way i can make the colors look as HD as possible?

Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Page 858 of the FCE manual has some instructions about this effect, called "vignette". It comes from old photographs and early films.

Also HD is short for High Definition and has almost nothing to do with the colours.

You probably mean colours like in those movies that were produced by film companies I think.

If you search these forums via MRoogle, you should find the answer as there are some threads about colour correction buried somewhere in here.
    MRoogle is quite a good tool to search these forums.

3. CurtisEnergizer thread starter macrumors member

Thanks but that didint help.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What didn't help?

The manual or the MRoogle tip, or both?

The manual tip may have not the exact description of you wanna achieve, but it can be used as a start.

The following screenshot was a simple test in FCP, but you should get better results in FCE with a little tweak.

[​IMG]

The white stripes are the only left visible material from the overlaying image, black has been cut out.

So give it at least a try, it should work.