How to identify my MBP LCD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IgorKotis, Dec 12, 2014.

1. IgorKotis macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    My MBP retina recently got "bricked" or so I thought... First the computer would turn on but the screen wouldn't show any sign of life, but as soon as I closed the case and waited for it to go in standby, then reopened it again it would work normally. One night I left it on charge and the morning after the led was still orange, never turned on again.
    I brought it to an Apple certified repair center and they told me that it could be either the battery or something on the logic board... So any way it would cost me around 700$ to fix it. It seemed to me they didn't even care to look at it and the price was too high...

So I brought the laptop to a guy who has been cited by the local Wired Magazine as an electronic genius who can fix anything. He told me he would look at it and then it took him 2 months to tell me that he doesn't know how to fix it and that it requires a logic board change. Today I got it back and plugged the charger and I hear the opening sound... This time there is no image though and nothing I did before is working.

This got me thinking is it possible that the vent got so dusty that the computer wouldn't turn on and now it works (volume buttons work and I can turn it on and off) but the guy thought it was bricked and switched my retina screen with a broken one because I wasn't going to change the logic board anyway?

TL;DR - how can I establish that the display piece of my MBP is the original one and hasn't been switched with a broken one.

Sorry for the long post, I'm extremely talkative! And thank you if you take time to reply

2. IgorKotis thread starter macrumors newbie

Please help... If the guy switched my screen with another one I may be able to get it back....

3. GP-SE macrumors 6502