How to import a picture from MacOS Photos to ipod iOS Photo App

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theprizerevealed, Jun 12, 2019.

1. theprizerevealed macrumors regular

The title says it all - How to import a picture from MacOS Photos to ipod iOS Photo App? I can't find any way to do it.

2. mikzn macrumors 65816

mikzn

A quick and easy way for one photo is AirDrop

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You can select multiple photos and airdrop them all at once.

4. theprizerevealed thread starter macrumors regular

I never used airdrop before however it appears that it requires you to go through iCloud. I don't use iCloud and I prefer not to start. Is there some other way to transfer photos from the mac to an ipod through a physical connection?

5. martyjmclean macrumors 6502

martyjmclean

Dude just use iCloud, you wouldn't even need AirDrop (which is a life-changer). I don't know if iTunes Photos sync still exists but that was the old method.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't think airdrop uses iCloud. It simply finds compatible devices nearby through Bluetooth/WiFi voodoo.

7. theprizerevealed thread starter macrumors regular

I'm required to sign-in to iCloud in order to use AirDrop. How can a company such as Apple which claims to make products that Just Work not have a method to transfer files back and forth between devices easily? Especially multimedia such as Photos?

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Apple's always had this thing where it just works -- if you do it their way. If you don't go along with their way, you are in for a lot of awkward workarounds.

Did you try syncing the photos through iTunes, as other posters suggested?

9. theprizerevealed thread starter macrumors regular

well, I tried syncing with the Photos program by syncing only those photos that were favorites but that didn't work. So I created a new folder on the desktop then dropped the files into that folder and synced with that folder. Then the photos downloaded to the ipod. Very cumbersome. Surprising that more people don't complain about this.