How to import/export network configs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by beanrlz, Nov 15, 2009.

1. beanrlz macrumors newbie

beanrlz

Hey everyone,
    first MacRumors is brilliant, I never contributed much, after all any question I had was here answered already. Kudos to the Community! :D

Well,
    the question is quite simple: where can I find the config files of the network/ airport?

I am asking for this scenario: I upgraded my Macbook Pro HDD, the old one is in a case connected to the MBP, I did not format it, all is there, so I can easily access all the files. Well, my ports connection sucks here where I live... And it took me a loooong time to find the ports that should be open and which IP to forward and so on. I could (the long way) install the HDD again and just Screen Shot all the specs and do all over again in the new HDD, but it would be good to know how to save this configuration (I am assuming there is a file, but I can't find it...). :eek:

Anyway... playing WoW and Torrents just don't work now...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help people!
    Kudos!
    :)

2. celticpride678

To import and export network configuration files, head over to System Preferences>Network>Select the network mode>Click the little gears icon near the bottom and select Import or Export Configurations...

Follow on screen instructions after that.