How to import from SD card to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by L T, Aug 6, 2015.

1. L T macrumors 6502

L T

The main reason I upgraded from an iPhone 5 and iPad Air cellular to a 6 Plus with a larger data package was so the 6 Plus would be my main device, and the iPad (which I changed for a Mini retina) could stay at home.

I also got the 64GB so it could handle more stuff.

As I'm growing more into photography I really want to find a way to import pictures straight onto my iPhone from the SD card whilst out and about. I tried the apple lightning to SD card reader but nope, that doesn't work.

Are there any adapters out there that will work, or any alternatives I could try?

Thanks

2. lexdiamonnyc macrumors member

the only way would be either through a wifi enabled SD card or with a wifi enabled DSLR......I transfer file from my D750 to my iPhone 6 from time to time and it works pretty well.

3. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I use the Airstash for files to access back and forth from the iPhone.

5. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

I bought a made in China sd/ micro sd/ usb reader on eBay years ago, still has a 30 pin to the iPhone lol. I use an apple lightening adapter and can import pictures and videos on cameras sd cards right into my photo app. When plugged in there is a new box that pops up in the photos app called import. You can select individual imports or import all and can even delete memory card when done. I don't recommend that though in case the import goes south.
    When I'm on vacation I'm usually in the water with my go pro and have short to 15 minute movies to transfer. It does those too, but can take a WHILE! I've found it best to restart my iPad or iPhone before an import for near guaranteed connectivity and quicker transfer.
    This is a link for the device, and like I said, will obviously need a lightening adapter.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/5-in-1-USB-Ca...s-for-Apple-iPad-2-3-/201330121555?nav=SEARCH