How to import Music into new iPod Touch 4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rhoadster, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Rhoadster macrumors newbie

Unable to Drag & Drop individual or sync Music - Ipod Touch 64G (4th Gen)

Going from a 1st Generation to the new 4th Gen, I cannot figure out how to add music! (This is unbelievable to me.)

I've tried dragging and dropping files from my HD,
    I've tried dragging individual songs from my iTunes,
    both with & without: "Selected playlists, artists, and genres"

I do not want to Sync my "Entire Music Library"!
    It's way too huge for my 64 bit.

How can I get my music and movies to import into the new iPod? What am I missing?

2. ace198 macrumors regular

Have you clicked "Manually manage" in the Music column when syncing? That should be it.

3. krar4 macrumors newbie

I just purchased my first Apple/iPod product of any kind last night when I purchased the new 4th gen iPod Touch. While I'm having some learning curve issues of my own, I did at least figure out how to copy my personal videos to the Touch.

I have 2 TiVo units, so I downloaded an excellent free program called KMTTG [Kevin Moye (author)- TivoToGo]. It reviews what's on my TiVo's and allows me to do all of the following in 1 step:

• Select multiple TV shows/movies to download.
    • Find and delete the TV commercials within the recordings.
    • Increase the volume on the recording up to double the original volume so I can hear it if I want to watch something while flying on a jet.
    • Encode the video file(s) using an iPod-compliant encoding profile.
    • Delete all of the interim files used during the process and put a finished ipod-compliant commercial-free file in a subdirectory of my choosing.

I usually select several shows and then let the processing occur overnight since it is a time-consuming process for several hours of video.

To load the video onto your iPod, do the following: Under the "File" heading in iTunes, click on "Add folder to Library..." and select the subdirectory where the iPod-compliant video files are located. I restarted iTunes and reattached my iPod Touch. Select the TV shows from the list of available movies and drag them to the iPod on the left side of iTunes. iTunes immediately should begin loading your videos onto your iPod.

Hope that helps.

For KMTTG - Go to:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=387725

Good luck.

Rick