how to important addresses from MacMail into Word

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macjd, Oct 24, 2007.

1. macjd macrumors newbie

Hellow experts,

I am trying to create a form letter to send to about 60 people. What I want is to be able to insert their addresses easily instead of having to type them all in. All the addresses are in a nice group in my Mac Address Book, which I believe is a part of my MacMail program. The addresses are in a .vcf extension. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to export these addresses into Word so they can be inserted into the letter.

Can anyone help, or have other ideas how to get these addresses on a form letter? Oh thank you...

2. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

Not sure if this will work but you can try and play with the Mail Merge function. I think it's under TOOLS, DATA MERGE MANAGER.

Good luck.

3. macjd thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, tried it!

Thanks, I tried that. Word only lets you merge data from a limited source pool, and the address book or .vcf extention is not listed. I'm in the process of typing it all again, which is mucho frustrating, but I've got to get it done and I've spent WAY too much time trying to figure it out.

However, if anyone does know how to do it, I will be needing to do this regularly and would really like to know how it can be done.
    Thanks

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

In my experience, Outlook's support for vCard is problematic and you expect Word to handle the format properly? Dream on.