How to improve accuracy of "Other" workout

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ipaine, May 7, 2015.

1. ipaine macrumors member

I've been using the Workout app to record my time on the elliptical and for lifting weights. For the latter, I use the "Other" setting. However, for the past week or so I found the heart rate monitor had difficulty locking on when I lifted weights, thus affecting the accuracy of the Workout app. It was very accurate when set to "Elliptical".

Yesterday, I moved my watch a bit further up my arm, just after the wrist bone. Usually it sits in between my wrist bone and my hand. By doing this, I was able to get a near-constant heart rate reading. Might be worth a try if you've been having similar problems.

2. daymouse macrumors regular

Yup thats the genral tip with all these types of monitors. Tighten it up a notch and move ruther up your arm. I get this problem when doing circuits and on the rower. I think its just the vigerous action your doing with your arms.

Its not just the Apple watch as i had the Fitbit Charge HR and that had the same problem so i think its just an inherent issue with this type of device.