How to improve sound quality on bootcamp with rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mgsnat75, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mgsnat75 macrumors member

hi, so i have a retina mac and i have bootcamp installed with 64 bit windows 7 installed. My question is how do i improve the sound quality out of the internal speakers? now before anyone jumps and points fingers at "check the sound icon on the task bar" or "the internal speakers sound like crap to begin with", reason i ask is because i use windows to game and sometimes i dont want plug in external speakers or headphones(which sound really good). I notice a huge difference when on OSX, the sound is very dynamic, not flat like under bootcamp. anyone know how to get OSX sound quality under windows? thanks.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. anvikapur macrumors member

Bootcamp is still the only reasonable way to play Windows games on a Mac.

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

And exactly how does this answer the Op's question.

5. flipnap macrumors 6502

i would try to install different ASIO drivers, perhaps some which has an audio effects panel for faking surround. Cant help more than that sorry, im not a gamer but I do pro audio and have installed low latency asio drivers. try "asio*****" and see if it helps.

6. colldo256 macrumors newbie

It could be the drivers. Try updating your drivers to the latest ones through boot camp software in OS X. If not, then play around with the sound settings in windows 7 to see which one best works. Make sure it is in stereo mode, and not in surround sound mode.

7. mgsnat75 thread starter macrumors member

stereo mode sounds super flat and low volumed.

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If it's the same problem that has plagued other MacBook Pro's, it's a driver problem. Even on my Late-2008 MacBook Pro, the sound playback in Windows is terrible vs. in OS X - there's a huge difference.