Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjoshi123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
I'm wedding photographer and primarily use 27" iMac 5K Retina for my digital image editing. I use Lightroom Classic CC & Photoshop CC for my digital image editing. And Proshow Producer for cutting slideshows in 4K.

My current workflow is

1. Shoot a wedding/event in RAW e.g. on December 10th I shot wedding for Joe & Kirsten
  2. Copy all RAW files into client specific folder e.g. 20171210_JoeKristen_Wedding\RAW Folder
  3. Open LR Classic CC and create new Catalog specific for this wedding and let the .lract file be inside my 20171210_JoeKristen_Wedding folder.
  4. Import all RAW files into this newly created Catalog from 20171210_JoeKristen_Wedding\RAW folder.
  5. During import process render 1:1 preview of all Files.
  6. Edit file in LR and export all files to “20171210_JoeKristen_Wedding\To Photoshop” folder.
  7. Finish off editing in Photoshop of all files that are inside 20171210_JoeKristen_Wedding\To Photoshop folder.
So how do I modify this workflow to take advantage of editing / culling on the go with iPad Pro ? I know I will have to create collections in LR Classic CC to sync it with my iPad Pro, but once I’m don’t with one wedding and I go for next wedding or event – How do I repeat the whole collection process ?

TIA

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
The wife and I use our iPad Pros and WD My Wireless Passport Pro to make two copies (in iPad and the Passport's HD). We can use the iPad to cull images. If we have to edit in the field to show someone an image, we can use Lr CC; however, it is missing so much of Lr Classic capabilities. When we get back home we use ImageCapture to retrieve the culled images and import them into the Lr Classic DAMs on our iMacs. Then the serious editing begins using Lr Classic, Ps, and Topaz Studio.

Reactions: mjoshi123

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
I'd do the same as what you are currently doing, but I'd make a collection for say images that need more than the usual adjusting, especially those that need local adjustments. Then I'd synch that collection with Lr CC, and use the iPP with its pencil to retouch those.

The other thing I might do is then make a collection of say completed images, representative of the wedding. Then synch that collection so that you could display it on the iPP should you need to.

Note that you may have to use ONE library to do this, since only ONE Classic library can synch.

Reactions: mjoshi123

mjoshi123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
I'd do the same as what you are currently doing, but I'd make a collection for say images that need more than the usual adjusting, especially those that need local adjustments. Then I'd synch that collection with Lr CC, and use the iPP with its pencil to retouch those.

The other thing I might do is then make a collection of say completed images, representative of the wedding. Then synch that collection so that you could display it on the iPP should you need to.

Note that you may have to use ONE library to do this, since only ONE Classic library can synch.

Thanks - so what you mean to say is I need to use only one catalog at a time - I cannot have multiple catalog sync their collection with LR CC online between iPad and iMac.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Thanks - so what you mean to say is I need to use only one catalog at a time - I cannot have multiple catalog sync their collection with LR CC online between iPad and iMac.
Yes. I don't think there's any way to sync more than one Classic catalog.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.