How to increase battery life-time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Perfa, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Perfa macrumors newbie

I was wondering since my last MacBook failed totally in this regard how do i best use my laptop in order to make it last longer?

I bring it with me occasionally but most of the time it is at home.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. Perfa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link I will read this. Just a comment regarding what you say about "make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively". My old MacBook was doing exactly this. For some reason i forced it to never sleep for various reasons.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Running on AC power all the time will shorten battery life, and is not recommended by Apple. There is never a reason to run only on AC power, as it's quite simple to just unplug and run on battery a few hours every few days. Doing so has nothing to do with whether or not you ever sleep your Mac.