How to increase scroll wheel strength to match Windows?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Torley, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Torley macrumors member

Friendly greetings! I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 with Mac OS X. I have IntelliPoint for Mac installed — unfortunately, it doesn't handle quite like it does on Windows. While there's an Accelerated Scrolling option, checking that and moving the scroll speed all the way to the right (fastest) is relatively sluggish. When I "throw" the wheel, it doesn't zip through really long webpages as I expect it to.

I've tried some 3rd-party utilities like Smart Scroll, but they don't offer the same thing. My ideal behavior would be just like how the mouse operates in Windows XP and Vista, with precision when I scroll slowly, but able to cover great distances when I move my finger very quickly on the wheel.

Any suggestions for hacks or software I should try? Thanks. :)

2. Torley thread starter macrumors member

I'm still searching for a way — any tips, please?

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

USB overdrive?

Oother type of mouse, such as logitech?

4. nout72 macrumors regular

nout72

Yes USB Overdrive would solve it.
    Another excellent one would be SteerMouse.

5. Torley thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestions, I know both of these have a loyal following!

Alas, neither of them was effective for my problems: they couldn't accelerate the mouse quickly enough — one click of the wheel hardly registered, and a full spin didn't travel as far as the equivalent action on Windows — and I couldn't adjust mouse motion to be as smooth as with the Microsoft IntelliPoint drivers.