How to increase speaker on iphone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by johnnyham89, Oct 31, 2009.

1. johnnyham89 macrumors newbie

I already have my iphone 3gs jailbroken with cydia installed and firmware 3.1.2. So I was wondering is there anyway to increase the speaker that the voices come out of when speaking? Thanks

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

There are some apps from I beleive the iclarified repo to increase teh volume. Personally I have tried all of them for the different firmwares but never noticed any difference.

3. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

i tried volume boot 3.0 in cydia...no difference.

i really dont think it can get much louder with that one little speaker.

4. johnnyham89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea i tried it too and got the same result. Theres really nothing out there?

5. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Nope, speaker is hardware. Software can't make it work louder. :)

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you are going to use it when docked

Griffin Air Curve is a really nice dock and amplifier for the 3G and 3GS I about to order a 2nd one because I like it so much and move it around the house. http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/aircurve us discount code RINGTONEFEEDER save 20% and shipping is free so it's less the $16 but the usb cord doesn't come with it just so you know, but it uses a slandered iphone cable. not sure if it will help you but worth a mention.

7. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

actually software can.. in the PPC area..theres this program call "SRS WOW"..ive never used it but read up on it when i was in the PPC days. it help boost the volume for ear piece and speaker. i used an alternative like a patch written specifically for the phone to make the speakers louder.. i dont know if its possible on the iphone..but im saying its possible to write some kind of software to boost volume if done correctly.

8. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

I did notice a difference with Volume Boost in 3.0 but it seems to be dead on 3.1.2

9. Swede macrumors newbie

same here

10. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Well, the speaker works to a max level. I suppose you could violate it's intended maximum and boost the signal to it but you run the risk of damaging it. Why would you want to do that? :)