How to insert Amazon or Twitter click through?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by qveda, Jul 5, 2009.

1. qveda macrumors regular

May be a newbie question, but here goes...

I'm using a website template/design tool that comes the my hosting package.
    It allows for text/html/php to be entered into boxes that are placed on the page, via a simple text editor

I want to enter code that will provide a clickthru to an Amazon.com book so people can click on it to order the book from Amazon.

I also want to provide a "Follow Me on Twitter" widget that will take them to my Twitter page so they can then choose to follow me. The widgets I found on widgitbox seemed precoded to follow the author of the widget. Must I create my own widget ? or simply hotlink a Twitter logo to my page, and just use that?

Help is greatly appreciated ! thanks

2. mat4020 macrumors member

3. jakeOSX macrumors regular

for amazon, just make a link to the book.

i don't do the affliate thing, so there may be more you need for that, but just to send them to the item, just create a link.

same thing with twitter, just a link to your page. as mat said, there are also widgets and such for other things, but you can get it just with a link.

i have both of those on my front page, and that was how i did it. i also used PHP code to pull my latest tweet in, though it for some reason only works most of the time (still looking into that)