How to install Customize 1.13?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by dschiller, Oct 29, 2007.

1. dschiller macrumors regular

Hi all

First of all, I'd like to say that I did search before posting, but I couldn't find anything:eek:

Ok, here's the deal: I jailbroke my iPt using this method and after that I installed the BSD Subsystem as well as SummerBoard (all via Installer.app). But now I wanted to install Customize. I've tried this method, but I can't get it to work. Anyone knows how to install it?

BTW, I am assuming that Customize is compatible with SummerBoard, if it isn't please tell me.

Cheers
    Daniel:)

2. dschiller thread starter macrumors regular

3. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

4. mattydub macrumors member

dschiller, how did the hack work for you? would you recommend it??? thanx in advance.. ;)

5. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

ill answer for him, it works like a charm

6. mattydub macrumors member

thanx alot parro for the quick response. I know I may sound like a noob here, but I have a few quick questions if you don't mind, and I assuer you I have searched the net man times before posting.

My first question being, will this affect the files already on mytouch i.e videos and music?? or does it simply install installer and patch the exploit??

My second is in regards to SSH, do i need to install this if I just want to install summer board and TTR for example (maybe a few more apps) from what I understan I need BSD subsystem for some of the third party apps to work, but as far as I can tell SSH is simply to dig around inside the touch, (installing customized themes, ipone apps etc.) any clarification on this ould be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Matt

7. Jon99UT macrumors newbie

These questions have been answered 100+ times on this forum. Check out the other threads.

8. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

customize 1.13 does not work on my touch...it just crashes whenever I try....but even if it did work I read that the rsbt that lets you rearrage icons still does not work with the touch. soooo I am just waiting for the next update.

9. mattydub macrumors member

I did check the forums, couldn't find an exact answer.... Do you realize you could have just answered my question in the same amount of time it took you to tell me to check the forums??? Thanx for nothing though....

10. phoxrenvatio macrumors regular

so far, customize (1.13) is a waiste of time for iPod touch users....

11. hecks macrumors regular

Well, the hacked version is working fine here on my Touch, so: no. :)

12. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

:p

got mine working

13. dschiller thread starter macrumors regular

Would you be kind enough to describe how you got it to work? :p

14. hecks macrumors regular

There's a bug (with the hacked version you linked) where it can be difficult to get it started for the first time, you may need to try 12+ times before it launches properly; but if you can get past this stage, it works fine each time from then on.

A quicker way for me was to edit the N45AP.plist, swap something in the dock section, then save and restart. Path to file:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/N45AP.plist

If you don't have a plist editor, you can convert it to plain old xml via this site:

http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi

You can replace the orginal with this file no problem, the iPod doesn't care which format it is (but the filename must be the same).

Btw, I have no idea why this works. :)

15. vividdemise macrumors member

mine works fine and i posted a fixed version for download awile back you welcome to search for it

16. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

hey...you guys that have gotten it to work....does the srbt work on the touch or not? I kinda wish the programmer had not merged them,,,,I can go without customizer but would really like to arrange my apps